The Richard P. Lauchle Forestry Scholarship Fund was created in memory of Dick Lauchle, a strong supporter of the Pennsylvania Forest Products Association. The Keystone Wood Products Association coordinated a fundraising effort that created the fund to allow for an annual award to a Pennsylvania College of Technology student enrolled in the Forest Technology Associates’ Degree Program.
Application Deadline & Address
Applications and required materials are to be returned no later than March 1 to:
First Community Foundation Partnership of PA
Attn: Program Office
201 West Fourth Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
Scholarship Selection Process
The Community Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee will select scholarship recipient.
- Must plan to attend or currently attend Pennsylvania College of Technology and be enrolled in the Forest Technology Associates’ Degree Program
- Be scheduled to begin as a part or full-time student (3 or more semester hours) in the fall of the coming academic year
- Preference will be given to residents of Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Juniata, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Snyder, Sullivan or Union Counties
- Will have a passion for and a desire to be a steward of the forest
- Will have demonstrated high moral character, integrity, leadership and academic achievement
- Will show evidence of volunteerism, activities and employment
- Financial need will not be considered when determining scholarship recipient.
Required Attachments (if the following documents are not submitted your application will not be considered)
- A copy of your most recent high school or Pennsylvania College of Technology freshman year’s transcripts
- An essay not to exceed two (2) pages addressing the following question: “Describe your passion for and desire to be a steward of the forest and how you plan to impact the future of the forest and wood products industry”
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from adults not related to you, who know your professionalism, dependability and can speak well as to your strength of character.
Scholarship Awards Disbursement
One (1) scholarship will be awarded annually and will be applied to the sophomore year’s tuition. Scholarship awards are paid directly to Pennsylvania College of Technology. Scholarship availability and award amount is subject to change yearly.
Information regarding the processing of your award may come by email. Please be sure to submit a valid email.
Questions please contact
Betty Gilmour, Director of Grantmaking, First Community Foundation Partnership of PA
Erich Doebler, Pennsylvania College of Technology