The Richard P. Lauchle Forestry Scholarship Fund was created in memory of Dick Lauchle, a strong supporter of the Pennsylvania Forest Products Association. The Keystone Wood Products Association coordinated a fundraising effort that created the fund to allow for an annual award to a Pennsylvania College of Technology student enrolled in the Forest Technology Associates’ Degree Program. The Community Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee will select scholarship recipient
Application Deadline & Address
Applications and required materials are to be submitted no later than November 1 to:
First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania
Attn: Program Office
201 West Fourth Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
Scholarship Selection Process
The Community Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee will select the scholarship recipients.
- Must plan to attend or currently attend Pennsylvania College of Technology and be enrolled in the Forest
- Technology Associates’ Degree Program; Recipient of the award will be a student from Pennsylvania with preference given to residents of Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Juniata, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Snyder, Sullivan or Union Counties.
- Will have a passion for and a desire to be a steward of the forest;
- Will show evidence of volunteerism, activities and employment;
- Financial need will not be considered when determining scholarship recipient
Required Attachments (if the following documents are not submitted your application will not be considered):
- A copy of your most recent high school or Pennsylvania College of Technology freshman year’s transcripts;
- An essay not to exceed two (2) pages addressing the following question: “Describe your passion for and desire to be a steward of the forest and how you plan to impact the future of the forest and wood products industry”
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from adults not related to you, who know your professionalism, dependability and can speak well as to your strength of character.
Scholarship Awards Disbursement:
Scholarship(s) will be awarded annually and will be applied to the sophomore year’s or after tuition. Scholarship awards are paid directly to Pennsylvania College of Technology. Scholarship availability and award amount is subject to change yearly.
Questions please contact:
Betty Gilmour, Director of Grantmaking,
First Community Foundation Partnership of PA
Eric C. Easton,
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Phone: 570-320-2400 x3538